- Talk to the UK chapter about their experience in setting up a local chapter.
- Talk to the Aussies about how their proposal is going
- Talk to other Kiwi organisations about their experience in incorporating in New Zealand.
- Work on adopting a constitution, and, get the draft one checked by professional advice.
- File to become an Incorporated Society. <-- At least 15 people are required legally.
- Hold the First AGM- Elect first Committee
Register wikimedia.org.nz – This should be done quickly before it’s taken by someone else. -- See above --NigelJ 04:20, 7 May 2006 (UTC)- Done --NigelJ 00:13, 9 May 2006 (UTC)
- Get a PO Box <-- Needed? (Not needed for incorporation, but a good idea) --NigelJ 00:13, 9 May 2006 (UTC)
- Appoint a contact person for purposes such as producing press releases and responding to media.
- Seek professional advice on defamation.
- Consider public liability insurance.
- Start fulfilling our aims as set out in the Constitution.