Meetings/25 Jun 2006 (Meetup)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006
Location: The Cock & Bull, Robert Street, Ellerslie
New Zealand stuff
- How does Wikipedia cover New Zealand
- Are there ample Kiwi articles?
- If not, what can we do to improve that?
- Possible areas to work on:
- Are all towns/cities covered, should we look at a project to get images from all theses towns?
- Schools, What New Zealand schools should Wikipedia cover, what should be the base criteria for a School to have its own article?
- Should we have a list of all NZ schools, in a [List of New Zealand Schools]?
- Dictionary of New Zealand Biography
- Years in New Zealand
- Date, location and score of every All Blacks game.
- Biography of every All Black, Black Cap, etc
- Māori wikipedia.
- How about a CD/DVD with all NZ articles and distributable images?
- Should we provide a guide for schools on updating articles (perhaps asking them to avoid do an article about the school) for class projects.
- Does Wikimedia New Zealand plan to install servers in New Zealand?
- Why might we want to setup a local chapter?
- If we setup a local chapter, what implication are there?
- How does the chapter serve its members? They are paying for membership after all.
- Is it actually possible for a Incorporated Society in New Zealand to transfer proceeds of donations to a US based organisation?
- Should we have online AGM’s, Are online AGMs legal?
- Where should we base Wikimedia New Zealand
- Do we need office space? It seems unnecessary and expensive.
- Should professional advice should be sought on issues such as public liability and defamation before we go ahead with any chapter proposal.
- Do we enjoy editing wikipedia?
- Any complaints?
- Whats the Admin/User ratio at this meetup